In-House Career Development Workshop
This half day in-house session is now the UK's leading career development workshops and presents an array of new career development routes and opportunities for individuals - inside and outside of their current organisation. It offers a positive, supportive and realistic approach to help staff survive and thrive in the new world of work.
Des McCabe has provided individual coaching support and in-house coaching for over 5,000 people in the last three years - and as part of this workshop can call on many real life case studies - which the attendees can readily identify with.
Who is this for?
The Career Development workshop is designed for current employees in the Private and Public Sector and will specifically help those who are:
- Looking to add value to their current role in the organisation
- Keen to explore how they can have a greater impact overall and boost their effectiveness
- Approaching potential redundancy or reduced hours
- Looking to restructure their careers, re-think their long term future, identify new opportunities or create new and additional income streams
- Ready for a fresh challenge - inside and/or outside the organisation
- Dealing with change in the workplace and job uncertainty
- How can you develop your career in your current organisation?
- What you should be doing now if you face a change of role, redundancy, retirement or reduced hours
- Blueprint for maintaining a positive and motivated workforce in challenging times
- Supporting employees - transition strategies, options and initiatives
- How to build a strategic framework for managing your career internally - your current Manager, appraisals, opportunities, secondments, internal and external courses, additional qualifications, project teams, research, additional responsibilities, etc.
- How to make the very best contribution knowing you could be leaving
- Understanding the new world of work
- How you can find the work you really want to do
- Jobs and Work are not the same thing
- Looking at yourself in SIX new ways
- Maintaining a positive work attitude in uncertain times
- Building your future piece by piece with 'Work it Out!'
- We don’t just have to be one thing
- Using Facebook, Linkedin, etc to find others to support you
- Make sure you’re qualified for the new world of work
- How to turn Social Networking into Self Sustainability Networking
- Why work-life balance is at the heart of 'Work it Out!'
- How to create workpieces from nothing
- How to create a brilliant ‘CV’ that will get you an interview every time
- Twenty little known ways to get your CV to the top of the pile.
- How every person can create and sell ebooks online
- How to find work that is not advertised
- How to create a brilliant ‘elevator pitch’ that wins at interview
- How to set up your own website for free
- Easy ways to create ‘passive’ income for your future
- Three essential ways to add value to your current role in the organisation
- Build your personal brand in the organisation and start to have much greater impact overall
- Creating you career development plan
- Personal priorities and career development plans to take away
This workshop is based on the bestselling book 'Work It Out! How to find the work you always wanted in a shifting jobs market'. Include a date for the UK's leading career development workshop for your staff.
‘Work it Out!’ offers an alternative to the traditional view of work. I would recommend ‘Work it Out!’ to anyone looking to take personal responsibility for their income generation and who finds the competitive and solitary model of `self employment’ off putting.
Simon Bland, Reigate Banstead Borough Council
‘Work it Out!’ opens your mind to new possibilities and highlights that we need to find out what we want and then start building how we can achieve this, rather than trawling websites to see if someone wants what we have to offer.
J.Smith, Money Advice Trust
Organisations can choose morning or afternoon sessions:
Morning session 10..00am – 1.00pm
Afternoon session 2.00pm – 5.00pm
A 15 minute break is scheduled.
NUMBERS & COST
The cost is
£850 per workshop (up to 30 delegates)
£1,200 per workshop (up to 100 delegates)
Please contact Sharon 028 417 54777 (email@example.com) to discuss practicalities or Des McCabe on 07717 203325 to discuss any particular needs.
Brilliant! Three words came to mind about Des McCabe’s ‘Work it Out!’ ‘fresh, exciting and real’. I thoroughly recommend ‘Work it Out!’ for thosewho are looking for work. Des McCabe has drawn THE map of the new world of work andit’s a really useful one.
Don Smyth, Mindstyle
Work It Out! has given me a lot of self confidence which was exactly what I needed. I was running between a few different ideas. - Work It Out! has helped me find a clear direction and focus.
‘Jobs for life’ are indeed long gone. ‘’Work it Out!’’ will help you design a life which capitalises on your strengths and puts you in control, now and forever more.
Carol McLaughlin “WorkSmartPlayHard”
Work it Out!’ is a gateway to the new world of working.
Paul Andrew, University of Sunderland
Wow! I’ve recommended ‘Work it Out!’ to my sister, my friend and 3 people already! ‘Workit Out!’ has helped me to think of work in a whole new way. ‘Work it Out!’ gives a visionfor a future where we work differently and it’s inspired. Highly recommended!
The first thing that becomes apparent about ‘Work it Out!’ is its practability. Des McCabe has a vast knowledge of the world of self development and training. ‘Work it Out!’ will help many people to get more out of themselves and their life and help them make a greater contribution.
Ted Garratt, Director - Target Resources (HR Services) Limited.
'Work It Out!’ can help you find the work you want, create income and build your career. It’s a brilliant new approach to jobs and work....
J O’ Rourke
A viable alternative to Job Search. For many this will be the best investment they will make.
Stephen Alford, Fujitsu Services
Many of us are facing the reality of fewer available jobs. But in uncertain times, we still have choices - and ‘Work it Out!’ helps us figure them out. This seminar is brimful with practical ideas, techniques and soul searching exercises.
A challenging and thought-provoking approach for anyone looking for a career change or achieving more satisfaction out of working and playing. I would recommend ‘Work it Out!’.
Carolyn Lee, Herbert Smith LLP
Des offers a clear guide on how individuals can re-build or develop their career - at any age.
Rana Johal, Sangham Solutions
I think the programme is absolutely fabulous. It helped me to have more focus. It helped me to believe it myself.