innovation in Local Authoriities
This programme is suitable for all Local Authority staff including:
Asset Management Manager, Canal Manager, Health & Safety Advisor, Principal Policy Officer, Director of HR, Learning & Development Officer, Performance & Improvement Officer, Apprentice, Legal Assistant, Chief Executive, Senior Customer Services Advisor, Democratic Services Officer, Contracts Officer, Facilities and Civil Contingencies Manager, HR Business Partner, Organisational Development Manager,
Principal Procurement Officer, Customer Services Manager, Accountant, Housing Officer, Surveyor, Customer Service Advisor, Business Projects Manager, Sports Development Manager, Principal Elections Officer, Asst Duty Manager, Visitor Services Officer, Policy & Communications Officer, Legal Executive, Property Manager, Principal Marketing Officer, Housing Manager, Community Safety Officer, Building Control Manager, Senior Policy Officer, Head of Service, Policy Implementation Manager,
HR Manager, Licensing Officer, Community Safety Manager, Compliance Technician,
Are your staff still working in Silos?
Encourage Staff to Invest in their future.
Des McCabe is currently working with local authorities across the UK to develop local immigration and diversity strategies.
The three month process is supported by three one day workshops to deliver a local strategy, detailed implementation plan and monitoring criteria.
STAGE 1 - An initial one day workshop (see content below) with managers/key personnel to identify local factors and priorities.
STAGE 2 - One day workshop in month 2 to work up, develop and coordinate individual components of the strategy.
STAGE 3 - Third workshop in month 3 to complete the action plan with responsibilities, timescales, key performance indicators and outcomes.
STAGE 4 - Report produced with monitoring criteria.
Key Topics for Local Authorities
The initial workshop will cover the following :
- Developing a local strategy for immigration and diversity.
- Immigration & diversity - local factors, current trends and future scenarios.
- UK diversity index - where are we?
- A Values based approach?
- Producing an immigration and diversity policy for you local authority.
- Community planning - creating our local demographic map 2020 (and reviewing its implications).
- Case Study - Mapping Social Cohesion in Australia (Scanlon-Monash Index 2014)
- Housing policies review - housing allocation approaches, new build priorities and minimising ghetto mentality.
- Engagement of immigrant communities.
- Preferred integration strategies and approaches.
- Leveraging diversity in economic development.
- Policing and justice initiatives.
- Mapping of Health and Wellbeing service provision.
- Promoting the best of new communities - food, music, arts, leisure and sport.
- Challenges for local democracy and representation (elected members and council staff).
- Key components of an immigration and diversity plan for our local authority area for 2016-2020.
This is an important review and planning process for all local authorities in the UK.
- Number of participants on workshops: 8-24
- Cross department & Senior Management representation recommended.
- Total cost of the process is £5,000 (inclusive)
To discuss this process for your Local Authority please call Des McCabe on 07717 203325 or email email@example.com
Des McCabe is a Member of DWP Equality and Diversity Customer Service Group