1. It helps each of us to realize that we have a body of knowledge and expertise that we’ve gained over the years. This knowledge and expertise could be useful to other people.
2. It helps us to develop the skill and habit of harvesting – in other words pulling out from ourselves (in a structured way) key information that we have learned.
3. It helps to develop our communication skills. We have a topic we know about that we can talk about.
4. It helps us to build our confidence in terms of talking about our strengths. We see what we’re good at and what we are passionate about.
5. It helps us to get our core message out there. What is it that we care about? Where is it we can make an impact? What difference do we want to see?
6. It helps us to learn to package and present our experience or knowledge in an acceptable way from a marketing and communication perspective.
7. It helps us to generate income. It shows that we can create income generating assets that produce money. Books are a stepping stone.
8. It shows that we can build our future with these because e-books help us to get our message across, package our ideas and sell other products or services. They are a launchpad for all that we are and all that we want to become.
9, It adds to who we are. We become an author.
Go through this list and make a note of why YOU should write an ebook.
FAQ - How long is an ebook?
An ebook can be anything from 4-200 pages. What matters is the VALUE that you share with others. Nobody wants to go through 200 pages to learn something that can be written in 2 pages. Likewise, people may be reluctant to spend a lot on a what looks like a small book .
EXERCISE - ebooks promote your expertise •What could you write to promote your skills and experience? •What can you help others to do or learn? •What do you enjoy? •What ebook could you create that promotes your skills and interests?
Take the ebook challenge !
Will you take the ebook challenge and produce something within the next four weeks? Could you write a four page ebook? That’s one page per week!
You can use this to promote your experience, generate business in some way, bring people to your website/Facebook page or share something important that you’ve learnt that can help others.
Your ebook can be about health, business, relationships, children, different abilities we have, holidays, food, sustainability, illness, your story/experience, etc, etc. It’s all about harvesting! Don’t miss this opportunity.
If you want your ebook to help build your business, promote your expertise or earn you income then there are three important questions to ask.
EXERCISE - Getting people to read your ebook
1. What problem or opportunity are you addressing?